2011年4月22日 星期五

the London original print fair

Yesterday, 21/04/11, I went to see the exhibition "the London original print fair" at Royal Academy of Art.
The exhibition is so amazing, it has so many famous artists and designers' art work.
To me, the most famous designers/artists in there are Andy Warhol and Pablo Picasso,
there are many artworks from them,
but after this experience, I knew other famous and talent designers.
I started trying to sketch the works instead of using cameras,
I realized that sketching could remind me what I see more.

I saw many interesting prints i like, especially some designers' works.
This one is Pablo Picasso's art, the note says that it's original etching, which is really cool.



This image is made by Damien Hirst, my favorite designer in these artworks of exhibition,
the image is simple but colorful, some of other prints are really interesting,
I will go to check this designer in the future. 

This one is made by Bridget Riley, using screen print in colors.
It reminds me the patterns i had done in the project of ditto press.
I'll look up the designer as well.

The third one....it's a shame that i didn't know he is also a famous graphic designer at first,
my friend told me about him, Roy Lichtenstein, his style is really obvious that my friend can say his name directly when she saw this postcard i bought,
so I think there are so many research I have to do.

After seeing this exhibition, I realized that those designers could make the printing skills so well,
even it's much harder than doing in this generation,
I have to be better, be more creative,
 so one day, maybe my artworks could be sold in a large price like them,
such as the chicken soup can by Andy Warhol, the image cost about 16000 ponds.

so, again, run Mikey! run!





沒有留言:

張貼留言